If you want more information, click here to read our PDF – Protecting your Family with Insurance.
- 96% of Australian families lack enough life insurance to protect their families for 10 years or more3, and
- only 4% of Australian families are adequately insured
Insurance is an important risk management tool that can protect you and your family from financial hardship caused by unplanned events.
Callaughan Partners will work with you to identify your risks and implement a cost-effective risk management program that has been developed with your specific circumstances and requirements in mind.Callaughan Partners can help you with the following:-
– Life Insurance – provides peace of mind by paying a specified amount to your beneficiaries, ensuring that they are looked after in the event of your death. A lump sum or equivalent instalments can be paid to the policy owner, nominated beneficiaries or to your estate.
– Trauma Insurance – provides a lump sum payment or equivalent instalments if you become permanently disabled, as defined in the policy. Generally, a permanent disability means you can’t work in your current occupation or a job you have trained or studied for, or previously worked in. It’s important to read the fine print because various definitions apply to TPD insurance
– Total and Permanently Disabled (TPD) Insurance – provides a lump sum benefit or equivalent instalments if you’re diagnosed with a specific illness or injury covered by the policy (such as cancer, stroke, heart disease, blindness, severe burns, loss of speech or deafness). The benefit amount, chosen by you, can be used to reduce debts, pay for medical expenses and maintain your lifestyle while you recover
– Income Protection Insurance – Income Protection is the best way to protect your current income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury. Income Protection insurance pays up to 75% of your gross annual income, in monthly payments, to cover your living expenses. Income protection has waiting and benefit periods that can be designed to suit your specific needs and the premiums are generally Tax Deductible
If you have existing insurance arrangements, it is important to realise that both over-insuring and under-insuring can be costly. Your insurances are like any insurance and should be reviewed regularly.
If you have current insurance and would like us to review the policy please contact our office on 1300 300 997.
We will happily review the policy for you at no direct charge
Brad Callaughan, Authorised Representative No. 425775 and Callaughan Partners Financial Pty Ltd (ABN 28 159 428 163), Corporate Authorised Representative No. 425775 of InterPrac Financial Planning Pty Ltd (AFSL 246638).